Naugatuck Valley Community College
Project Overview & Specifications
- Project Location: Waterbury, CT
- Architect: Phase I: Straus-Edwards Associates, Architects Phase II: Macchi Engineers, LLC
- Owner: State of Connecticut
- Completion Date: Phase I: February 8, 2002 Phase II: September 14, 2005
- Cost Range: Phase I: $4,051,544 Phase II: $1,479,777
Established in 1962, Naugatuck Valley Community College is located in the bustling city of Waterbury, CT. NVCC is a two-year public college that offers numerous associates degrees, the most popular of which include General Studies, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Business Management, Human Services/Pre-Social, and Nursing.
Kronenberger & Sons Restoration completed two restoration phases at NVCC. The first phase focused on repairing building leaks by replacing a failing facade and window system. The new system included architectural metal-clad panels and translucent window walls, all constructed while the building was fully occupied. The second phase was for long-term structural repairs to the Ekstrom Garages. This included hydro-demolition, power washing, partial and full-depth concrete slab repairs, concrete spall patching, concrete beam repairs, overhead concrete repairs, structural concrete replacement, epoxy crack injection, waterproof traffic membranes, line striping, drainage replacement, and electrical upgrades.