The First Church of Christ and the Ancient Burying Ground, better known as Center Church, is an historic church and cemetery situated in downtown Hartford, Connecticut.
Center Church is the oldest church congregation in Hartford, founded in 1636 by Thomas Hooker. The early congregation and members came from Massachusetts, leaving after a dispute with the Puritan leaders of the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
The current church building, built in 1807, is distinguished by its three-stage tower and its two-story front portico with modified Ionic columns.
Kronenberger & Sons completed exterior and interior restoration including wood replacement, masonry repair, weathervane restoration, full steeple restoration, metal cornice restoration, and lead paint abatement.
Center Church is #72001324 on the National Register of Historic Places.