Fall River Waterworks supplies the city of Fall River, Massachusetts with drinking water from the North Watuppa Pond. The historic 22-acre site is found at the eastern end of Bedford Street in Fall River and still contains the original pumping station, intake house, and 121-foot tall standpipe water tower.
In response to a rapid population growth in the 1870s, the Fall River Board of Water Commissioners was established, and the site with its buildings was constructed between 1872 and 1875.
Kronenberger & Sons was the general contractor in restoring the roof and several fenestrations. Our work involved major structural repairs and reinforcements to the heavy timber roof framing, full roof replacement with new sheathing, shingles, and flashing, new copper gutter systems, and restoration of all cornice and trim details. We also restored the doors and one window on the face of the building.