The West Springfield Public Library is located in West Springfield, Massachusetts. The library association was established in 1864, however, it was not given a dedicated building until 1915. The building was donated by Andrew Carnegie and an addition was later constructed in 1959.
Kronenberger & Sons Restoration fully restored the tin cornice on the 1915 section of the building. We were responsible for furnishing scaffolding on the entire exterior to provide access to the cornice. We removed and repaired defective and damaged metal cornices, urns and ornamental details as required, and provided exact recreations where replacements were needed. Holes, small defects, and cuts were repaired with Belzona Metal Repair epoxies. All work was performed in accordance with the Department of the Interior’s Standards for Historic Preservation.